Yuki

Yuki

Stained (Carpetbaggers, Rebels, & Yankees, #1) - Elizabeth Marx Seven times I went downsix times I walked back.And I don't fear the dark anymore'cause I'm become all that.I will be rocks, I will be water.I will leave this to my daughter:lift your head up in the wind.When you feel yourself grow colderwrap the night around your shouldersand I will be with you even theneven when I cannot see your face anymore.Don't forget the timeI wooed him with red wine.The devil he wore such a fine, fine shirtand it stayed so clean while he dragged me through the dirt.Now, honey, don't trust anyone who looks you in the eyedon't take any kindness, it's a demand in disguise.I have seen such things childon this, and the other side.Words cannot show youthe midnight owl it does not know you.You will see for your sweet selfby and by.And I will be rocks, I will be waterI will leave this to my daughter. This book ought to be read with the Sacred Harp song humming in the background.What I loved the most in Stained is the southern theme, southern wisdom and southern charm. It's South- where the sweet southern belles are crafty and greedy, chivalrous gentlemen are sneaky and perverse, and righteous preachers are manipulative and evil.Elizabeth Marx created the beautiful story about suffering, guilt, redemption and forgiveness.6 stars. Seriously.