Yuki

Yuki

ARC review: Gifts of Honor: Starting from Scratch / Hero's Homecoming Dualogy

Gifts of Honor: Starting from ScratchHero's Homecoming  - Stacy Gail,  Rebecca Crowley

My copy was an ARC I received from the publisher for an honest review.

I have no idea how to rate this book.I'll explain that later.

Sometimes I'm right in the kind of mood that makes me want to read a simple, angsty book and it has to be a quick read. I decided to give Gifts of Honor a try. There were two reason - the motif of damaged military hero coming back home, and southern setting.

The first story in this dualogy is Starting from Scratch by Stacy Gail and the plot follows the struggling of two protaginsts, Lucy Crabtree and Sullivan Jax, with coming to terms that they belong to each others. I will not provide spoilers, the story is simple and even the one detail would spoil the fun. But it's very good story and I've read it with pleasure. If the book of Stacy Gail was the standalone novel, I would give it 3.5 stars rounded up.

The second book is Hero's Homecoming by Rebecca Crowley. The main characters, Chris Walker and Beth Tate need to decide if they wanted be together or not after the breakup. I dare to say that the story surely had some potential, but it just seems shallow compared to the story of Stacy Gail. I would give it 2 stars.

So, that's why I had no idea how to rate it. I just calculated the average.